View Single Post
Old 05-23-20, 01:56 PM   #1
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default TDC madness

Hello there,

I am having a strange situation with the TDC on my Sboat. Basically I am tracking a task force with two CVs and I manage to penetrate the screen. I turn ON PK and calculate the target speed as usual with all other target that I sunk so far.
I estimate target AOB and use stadimeter to set relative bearing and range.
Now for some reason, the bearing in TDC is wrong every time. Basically it is changing way faster then what I see in scope. The more time I let pass the error increases. I never had this before. I have attached photo of the given situation. Bearing to target is 60 in TDC and scope 69 and keep in mind that I made this reading with stadimeter lest then 10s ago. So in 10s or less the TDC moved the relative bearing (and messed up also torpedo gyro angle) by almost 10deg.
Before everybody goes and says check your speed of target I timed the target on my scope wire. divided the target length by time passed times 2. Worked every time so far.
Not sure if time compression has something to do with this as I sued it on my approach and while I am waiting for target to get in good position.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XgcsshEDxaTp72oU6
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote