Old 02-09-21, 03:11 PM   #407
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler3 View Post
LOFL!!!

What a waste of time. I have been trying this (and others) for over a month...over and over. Bah!...Humbug. Throw a shovel full of dirt on SH3...say your respects...and find a modern version of a German WW2 sub simulation. If one doesn't exist...Oh well! SH3 USED to be fun...many moons ago. Now, after all the modding and widescreening and exe patching...it's so jacked up that the GWX mod will no longer get you through Kiel Kanal???
PUhlease...I used the GWX3 supermod for years...how did you people jack THAT excellent supermod up so bad?? ??????
I really don't see anyone else having as much trouble as you seem to have modding things.

There are certain truths to having a working SH3 install.

0. Rule Zero: read the mod install instructions completely before installing.
1. Never install to a protected directory.
2. Always run a clean install to initiating setup the save game folder and then never touch the clean install.
3. Use a multicopy for a separate install for each different mod soup or megamod.
4. Apply the 4GB patch.
5. Read the directions for the mod to be installed and ensure separate JSGME installed in each different SH3 install.
6. When activating mods with JSGME, be patient. Some of them take a really long time to backup and then install modded files.
7. Many mods will tell you a mod install order and compatible (or not) mods.
8. GUI mods usually always go as one of the last mods installed, followed by MFM (if using), h.Sie, and then the MFM skins.
9. ARB and Tycho patch have some specific instructions that must be followed to the letter.
10. TKSS / German U-boat compilation has to be on installed in a specific order with a GWX patch involved.
11. Several mods have megamod specific versions or patches.
12. Pay attention to what mod is overwritten by another mod when using JSGME - it provides hints as to conflicts that may cause CTDs or make the game buggy.
13. Some mods simply won't be compatible with others.
14. Some mods will not work with your hardware. I've never gotten the Ahnenerbe or MaGUI widescreen mods to work, but I did with ARB and the Tycho patch.
15. See Rule Zero.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote