View Single Post
Old 02-15-20, 09:34 PM   #448
Hrulj
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
As I said, you have to do it the Steam way. Read all about it on that page of theirs I linked to above. If you have a fast external USB drive, with a good throughput, you should be able to play off of that also. You need either a second usable primary partition to create another Library folder, or you have to "move" things the way that Steam page says to, which is a painful process to say the least, but it is possible to do. There are other games that Steam offers that are moddable, but only if outside of the Program Files grip. Any old game that is DirectX v9 based is most likely like this. It used to be that you could pick up and move a Steam game, but several years back, they changed their license agreement, and this is what we are left with. I have Steam SH3 and SH5, and had to move the install. I left off some games that I had, but it still took most of a day to get it all accomplished. It is what it is. You will not be able to mod the game at all, with any mod as long as it's in that folder. Even after you "move" it all, Steam will still be in the Program Files folder, but the games will be where ever you put the Library folder. I put mine in "Games", and they have the familiar "D:/Games / Steam / Steamapps / common / SH4" path... If all you have of Steam games is the Silent Hunter stuff, it might be easier to un-install the lot, then re-install, but direct the Library to a folder that you name. You have to pay close attention to their installer though, because it likes to point the user to the easy way of doing things.

Sorry in case you haven't seen the edit I managed to get it working. Thanks for your help appreciate it mate!
Hrulj is offline   Reply With Quote