View Single Post
Old 04-23-12, 03:40 PM   #3319
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

If Hsie ever comes back to modding that is Rudewarrior. I agree with you and think its better to still have a chance of hitting another sub.

Would also love to see the compressed air worked over By Hsie.Seems that SH3 was headed for a more realistic simulation of compressed air but decided to just simplify it.The code might be there and just needs to be enabled again.

What I mean is that the difficulty menu it says "compressed air is needed to change depth without using your engines and to blow ballast in emergency situations". There is also two sound files for adding and removing ballast.

Been looking into compressed air for 2 weeks now.Things I found are that it seems that one blow ballast was all you would get (anyone know if I am right/wrong)and saved for emergencies.Normal surface was a percentage of the ballast tank blown out by the 600pound system and when on surface the low pressure blower would use outside air to finish off the blowing out of ballast.This low pressure pump is modeled as you see the sub is not very buoyant upon initial surface and the low pressure blower quickly finishes the job.Been looking for two weeks trying to find out how long the low pressure blower would actually need to finish off blowing the ballast and FINALLY found today its 10 to 15 minutes.The pump was never used for more than 20 minutes as it was air cooled.Would love to see it take 10 minutes to finish for realism.

Compressed air was also used to fire torpedoes and blow out the now water filled tubes.Would be kool to see small decreases etc.

And finally would love to see conning tower floodable and a modeled safety tank you could blow since you can't repair it submerged.Seems the negative tank is modeled since you get much faster dive speed when crash diving compared to normal dive.Reason to normal dive is you save the compressed air that would be used to blow out the negative and bow ballast tanks.

Wishful thinking! EDIT oh and a realistic flooding over time in damage screen when silent running.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote