View Single Post
Old 11-22-19, 01:58 PM   #122
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
Installed FotRS UE on a new install of SH4 v1.5 with LAA. Played Sub school tutorials (navigation, artillery, and easy torpedo) without a problem and even a campaign patrol from Corregidor to Puerto Galera, Balavan Bay, Batangas Bay area; then to the Hainan Island in the South China Sea but did not come across enemy vessel to fire a torpedo at.

This morning, I played the Tokyo Express mission 8 or 9 times and had the same problem every time. First of all, only the first Asashio destroyer in line will LOCK even though all the rest are within visual range.

Secondly and most important, fired torpedo at first destroyer multiple times and each time I had Crash to Desktop as the torpedo closed with the destroyer in the event camera. Tried both contact and influence settings and both crashed upon hit.

So, I'm wondering what will happen in the campaign mode when I contact a Japanese merchant or warship? I plan to try a different single mission soon.
As cdrsubron7 says, what "Tokyo Express" mission? The Stock game has a "Tokio-Saipan Convoy" - that one? cdrsubron7 made a "Supplies For Betio". Those are the only two missions I can find that might be close. Also, what date are you encountering the CTD, and what is your location?

For future reference, just because a ship is visible does not mean it can be "Locked". There has to be an mostly unobstructed view of the ship. If waves are washing over your periscope, you might have to bring the boat up a couple-three feet, possibly exposing the shears in wave troughs, so that you can get a consistent lock. That said, if a ship is an "invalid" target (a rather ambiguous term), then it cannot be locked. ie: if there is an issue with the Asashio in this scenario you are describing, then it is entirely possible that it will never allow "Locking" of that "target" (or would that be "non-target" in this case?? )

Now, have you run LAA again, and checked to make certain that it "took" on the SH4.exe file? Right-click on that "sh4.exe" file, choose "Properties" and be certain that on the "General" tab that the "Read-only" attribute tick box is cleared. If it wasn't try using LAA again...

But we need more info, at least on the scenario "who, what, when, where, why & how"... It'd be good to know your computer config also.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote