View Single Post
Old 12-19-17, 01:59 PM   #9466
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwp View Post
1. Another little question - the very first mission have primary objective - report enemy contacts. I did find some, however, report menu always show "No function" under "Report contacts", and when I use it, it seems that nothing is happening. Do I have to somehow mark the ships on the map or something?

2. Also, is there a way to get all the information from your hydrophoneman? It seems that he successfully detects the ships and give me updates on, for example, closest one, but can I somehow get overall situation? Like, read all of the contacts.

3. Is there such functionality for visual contacts? Also, I believe crew does report if smoke visible in periscope? Can't I get updates on that?

4. Sometimes game stops locking ships. Like it was okay one second, I go underwater, space is not working anymore. Could somebody explain?

Thanks.
1) just wait for your watch crew to spot them (they'll notify you in notices window), then go to your radio operator and personaly ask him to report contact.

2) Its not possible, Beno always pick one most important contact and follow it some time before he switch to another...
I found that, when you ask him to report his bearing periodically and then ask for position of closest one by the another button, he always report other contact, while he is also still reporting that first one. So this way you can track 2 of them..

3) No.
+ Please remember, that all skills of your hydrophone man and watch crew are dependent on their current morale and skills.
It happend to me many times especially at beginning of campaing, my Watch crew officer spot nothing and when i accidentally climbed to the tower, i saw destroyer just few hundreds meters before us...

4) you probably use mod for autotargeting right? TWOS should has no automatic ship targetting. In TWOS you are the camptain and you are responsible to find successfull targetting solution.
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote