View Single Post
Old 09-11-10, 07:47 PM   #62
Badger Finn
Watch Officer

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
But my assembler knowledge is not good enough to add new features. I spent 5 hours only to realise a floating-point division by 60,0 because I still have problems with FPU commands.
My assembler knowledge is nonexsisent...ill learn...

Quote:
I can test it only for my version of sh3.exe and I've read somewhere that there are 4 different versions of the executable available. Pessimistic that it works with the other versions since it uses absolute hex-addresses. But adapting to the other versions is easy.
Well thats my current mission adapting to other versions...I can only reverse engineer from what your prepared to share...

Quote:
When the fix works stable I plan to apply my routines directly into the executable in order to make it independent from the launcher and compatible to SH3 Commander.
Cool I think I can eventually figure that out...lol may take me years...probably more of a result than waiting for UBI...

Quote:
@Badger:
As is wrote earlier: Changing that Factor (byte at 0x11CF90) will --
O N L Y -- (!!!!) work in the non-starforced sh3.exe with former checksum: 510b271d14621361386197be6bd8cc0c , that has been patched with V01 in order to add the routines for longer repair times.
Indeed -

Quote:
Changing that byte in a different version of sh3.exe will surely shred that executable. So if you are not sure what you do, make a backup of your files.
Modders first rule!

Quote:
This course is for users with advanced computer skills only and all is done on your own risk.
I am not responsible for any damage.
h.sie
Thanks for the reply h.sie. I know my way around a computor and you wont find any posts @ subsim from me telling others there mod is faulty and broke my game.

But you will find a few pointed at UBI!!!
Thanks and ill just keep following along -
Cheers for your insights...
Badger
Badger Finn is offline   Reply With Quote