View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 08:53 PM   #19
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Oh good when I am President, I'll make you Secretary of Something...the first requirement is agreeing with his 'Nibs'
While I somewhat appreciate the offer, I think I will pass on that in a big way. I get into enough trouble now without any help right here.

Although war hasn't been declared, China is certainly the enemy of the U.S. The Navy commanders who sail through the South China Sea understand that all too well. I think it would be in the best interests of the U.S to rebuild their Industrial / manufacturing base including computer tech industries while they still can and end their reliance on China in these critical areas.

One final thought. The Navy commanders of the USS Fitzgerald and USS John McCain involved in the collisions with commercial vessels were not disciplined as quickly as Capt. Crozier was. The Investigation took months regarding these collisions. Capt. Crozier was immediately removed. If anything, The Navy is getting worse in how they handle their affairs.

Quote: Two three-star admirals told ProPublica they had explicitly notified superiors of the growing dangers. The two people who served successive terms as undersecretary of the Navy, the No. 2 position in the civilian command, said they had, too. They produced memos, reports and contemporaneous notes capturing their warnings and the silence or indifference with which they were met. Now, frustrated by what they regard as the Navy and Pentagon’s papering over of their culpability for the twin tragedies, these officials and others have broken with Navy custom and are speaking candidly, naming names and raising concern that the Navy could well repeat its mistakes.

The Navy, embarrassed and scrambling to explain to Congress and America’s allies how such seemingly inexplicable disasters could have happened, moved quickly to prosecute members of ship crews it declared all but incompetent and to strip senior officers of their commands.

https://features.propublica.org/navy...-cause-mccain/

The warning of Field Commanders including admirals was again ignored just as Capt Crozier was. Does this all sound familiar ?

This only Illustrates how unfairly Capt. Crozier was treated. The removal / resignation of Modly was little more than window dressing and a crude attempt at damage control to cover their own incompetence.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 04-09-20 at 09:07 PM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote