View Single Post
Old 12-31-08, 05:15 AM   #54
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Hi guys,

I haven't been active here since threads on this and Alpha Tau were closed and even deleted. I'm glad that the powers that be see far enough to have mercy on the end-users here.

Well, in my last install I tried RA and AT, and found AT more enjoyable and bug free, but the more plentiful and detailed playables were better in RA. It was hard, but I stuck with AT for gameplay.

The hardest part about reverting to AT was the multi-stage SLBM launches in RA. They were absolutely amazing, but they were just for show. AT had working SLBMs that could wipe out entire taskforces (FUN!), but they were modeled on other long-range missile behaviors.

What I wished for (among other things) was for a merge of these elements with a functional multi-stage SLBM. Have the RA devs worked on this? I used to peruse both dev forums, but putting the sukhoi pages into translators was too laborious. I'd love to know if they are working on it, though. It would seem to me that porting the AT SLBM behavior into RA would be easier than the reverse considering how compliacated the multi-stage SLBM process seems to be.