View Single Post
Old 06-21-21, 09:04 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Talk about "real world" excerise (lol)

exercise*

TMO 2.5 Started new career as finished the war on last patrol Want to see if can make it with Drum from new construction until the end. Part of my Drum" mod plan to be part of the TMO update.

Departed Mare Island early morning of 16 February 1942 15 NM out of San Francisco Bay. Just as sun was breaking, off to our west lookouts spotted a surfaced submarine. While most likely was a friendly, wary of this contact ordered a turn to starboard to to present stern. Just moments later a large shell slash landed not far ahead of Drum. Ordered a dive to 80 feet (near bottom in this area). Sound began tracking the contact as crew went to General Quarters. Sound check also revealed what sounded like torpedoes nearby. Entirely possible was fired upon as did add AI torpedo firing subs, whether they work is hit or miss at times. Since it was early, suppose this boat had not "submerged " (reached last way point to delete, which spawns a submerged submarine to patrol in the area )for the day.

Back at scope depth fired a snap shot of four torpedoes from 2000 yards, the submarine evaded Fired two more, one of which ran just under the stern and exploded, the second hit amidships and caused a massive explosion, the I Class submarine sunk in less than 20 seconds. (will add photos soon)

Quite the live fire "drill. Note: I added as part of TMO upgrade, a few IJN submarines marauding off west coast in 1942. Surfaced at night, submerged in day. Did not expect to encounter one right out the gate lol.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote