View Single Post
Old 03-02-16, 12:13 PM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default As a former Budweiser and Miller beer hauler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I brew a beer at home. German pilsner, dark Munich and rye malts filtered through Juniper branches and berries. I've pitched Red Star fresh bakers yeast but that is becoming hard to find these days. Now I use and quite happy with Wyeast 1084. Though from what I understand the key to success is to use Finnish Bakers Yeast unfortunately its only found in Finland and its too damn expensive to ship and only keeps for a limited time.

Anyway, I dont add hops nor do I boil or pasteurize the wort. I just pitch the yeast and two weeks or so later I siphon straight from the pail 11% homebrew sahti. Since its not boiled all the wonderous healthy bacteria and protiens aren't killed off. Makes for a very healthy drunk... err, Im mean drink!

Next time I make it I'll post a pic.
U forgot the MOLAßIS !
Quote:
George Washington’s small beer recipe, as written in his diary:

To Make Small Beer
Take a large Siffer [Sifter] full of Bran Hops to your Taste.–Boil these 3 hours then strain out 30 Gall[ons] into a cooler put in 3 Gall[ons] Molaßes while the Beer is Scalding hot or rather draw the Molaßes into the cooler & St[r]ain the Beer on it while boiling Hot. Let this stand till it is little more than Blood warm then put in a quart of Yea[s]t if the Weather is very Cold cover it with a Blank[et] & let it Work in the Cooler 24 hours then put it into the Cask–leave the bung open till it is almost don[e] Working–Bottle it that day Week it was Brewed.
My neighbor, three doors down, brews his own in the garage- I gave him my used bottles and George's recipe. My other neighbor across the street works for Carneros micro Brewery! My daughter is dating a student beer-maker-in-training who knows all about Belgian beer....so who knows...Fortunately the local Lucky's market sells Hamm's! Something we can 'still' ALL steer by BBY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote