View Single Post
Old 03-24-07, 10:20 AM   #30
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0

LoBlo,

I cannot remember what amp X coefficient I applied to the SC 1.08 sfx.agg file when I did this. My guidelines were:

However, what I did for balance was ... at normal speaker volume for my use I set the BB sounds that you could hear them when you already have a few lines in NB and decently thick line track in BB. Thus, for a skilled player by this point, you could have ruled out a close sub from a distant cargo ship. In essence, that simply leaves cycling the BB as adding some atomosphere to the game. In regards to the sub BB sounds (especially in SCXIIc), if you can hear the sub wav playing, then if it ain't one of yours, it can only mean that the contact has decided not to fire on you, since it would have IDed and engaged you a long time ago. So, it's all just atomosphere like the flow noise and throbbing of the engine.

Except there is perhaps one place where it does make a play difference. Biologicals ... They create some fairly thick BB lines (similar to ship). However, besides lacking NB lines, they are immediately distinguishable by their BB sound.

I hope that helps.