View Single Post
Old 01-31-20, 04:11 PM   #161
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 472
Uploads: 0

Sometimes when I load a mod through JSGME it does not take. I dunno why.

Back up your Data folder then instead of trying to load via JSGME , go into "Adaptation for English & Deutschthe" and click through until you get to the DATA folder and cut and paste that into the DATA folder in the game and see if that works.

Be sure to back up the Data folder first. Since you are not loading the mod through JSGME it will not be possible to reverse the experiment.

I have no saved games . I'm just getting back into this so I don't mind experimenting. I would try it myself for you but my STEAM had a hissy-fit and no longer shows one of my games as installed, It is going to take a 31 gig download with my crappy 3.5meg DSL (yaY!! living in farm country)

One advantage to the steam version of SH3, After you get the game perfect you can copy the SH3 game folder to a safe spot. If your current game gets messed up you can go into STEAM delete all of the files in the SH3 STEAM folder then copy them back from your safe spot.

Only diff is that before when you started SH3 it started STEAM, Now when you click the Icon to start the game it will start steam and tell you it needs to reinstall. Just cancel that message and start the game again after Steam is already running and the game will start. Or I just start Steam first. Then start the game. The only thing Steam would do for you is auto update games. I'm pretty sure there are no "official" updates coming from Ubisoft so steam is irrelevant. Its just a way to get the game to run.

I'm curious to see how it works out.

Oh ,,wait,, whats that?
My the alarm just went off.

Its Beer O'Clock!

WOOT WOOT!!
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote