View Single Post
Old 09-24-19, 09:34 PM   #74
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureSkies View Post
There was nothing wrong, per sae, with how older naval strategy/sims handled issuing orders, but I decided I wanted the UI to feel a bit more engaging/immersive than right-clicking drop-down menus, so decided to make something loosely inspired by old control interfaces on systems like the NTDS or fire control computers from the 80s.
Please include a hotkey for every possible command because using right-click menus can be fun the first couple of hundred times, but it gets tedious very quickly; especially if you are forced to drag a mouse back and forth across the entire screen ad infinitum for every small command.

The ability to re-map hotkey commands (like Dangerous Waters) would be an incredible feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureSkies View Post
Harpoon is listed twice for RGM-84A and RGM-84C variants. Experimenting with different settings for showing weapon names - definitely room for a little improvement there, it's an easy fix.
It is a good idea to allow for different names. Personally, I prefer the NATO classifications because they are easier to remember than the Soviet designations. Of course, there are always players who like to see "3GMZ-84-EiB mod 4" system listed. If possible, maybe even allow the player to re-name displays/units to something he finds more useful.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote