Thread: [TEC] Adding nations
View Single Post
Old 04-11-21, 02:44 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
For my TMO upgrade, have added the Red Cross as a neutral country and another country "United States". The United States will be defined as an Axis power. This will be used to place select units to provide the chance of "friendly fire" incidents for player sub, including depth charging from US DD's , planes etc. Will also be used in my revamp of the sea trials, including the in doctrinal depth charges but instead of coming from a ijn vessel, will come from a US DD.

Issue is need the United States to show the US flag. When I tried this previously it would not display and received an error when loading (would have to go back to desktop, click okay , then back to the sim which would then load. The Rec manual just showed a no flag. What am I missing?
BBH, i have a question or two relating to the topic and not your issue.

firstly, if you create a United States "side" which is different from the current US "side" how will you prevent the United States assets from fighting with the US assets when they meet anywhere in the Pacific?

secondly prior to firstly, how will the SH4-sub driver will able to distinguish between true friendly forces (US) and no-so-friendly-friendly forces (United States)?

thirdly after secondly, how will the SH4-sub driver be able to identify itself to the no-so-friendly-friendly forces in order to call off the attack? with the thought that blue-on-blue attacks continued only as long as the opposing forces did not properly identify each other, the SH4-sub driver may never be able to shake-off-lose his no-so-friendly-friendly adversary unless there is method of self-identification. keep in mind that the game is meant to pit US vs IJF and not US vs US and US vs IJF.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote