Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-10-19, 02:07 PM   #8443
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

I just recently got back into playing SH 4 with this fantastic mod in mind. I love the look. Just beautiful. I have yet to actually go on a patrol because ive been trying to solve a peculiar sound problem and I'm not sure if its related to the FOTRS mod or not.
Seems that I'm missing many sounds that should play,one in particular is the sound of fire burning on ships, although burning oil on the water plays fine.
Also the diving and surfacing interior sound with clackxon will ONLY play once and never again. Same for the exterior surfacing sounds.
I have SH4 with the FOTRS mod installed on my Windows 7 AND an older Windows Vista computer and its the same problem for both machines. Both have Soundblaster audio cards
I hope i might have missed a fix or a workaround and have searched this thread (and others) judiciously for any hints as to what might fix this. The sounds are so important for immersion and realism. Its my hope that someone on you team will make sure that any sound problems are dealt with before the next release.
I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions as to a possible next step to try and fix these problem,althought i understand that certain things are hard-coded an may be impossible to fix. Thank you for you time, Dave
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote