View Single Post
Old 04-28-10, 05:55 PM   #4
lafeeverted
Chief

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

There is something very addictive about this game. Every patrol can be like the first time you watched Das Boot!

I stumbled upon Sh2 shortly after it was released and couldn't believe there was a U-Boot game. I was sucked in like nothing before. I read a lot, my U-Boot library has grown significantly over the years and includes a few special items.

I must have watched or listened to Das Boot 15 times or more putting the sound mod together for SH2, I know every whisper, sneeze and creak in that movie! Sh3 keeps pulling me back in. I was so excited for SH5 to come out but after reading about it I found myself checking back on the SH3 forums to see what was happening and couldn't wait to start playing again after seeing all the amazing things that have been done.

I can't put my finger on any one thign that makes it so great. Realsim is key.Trying to, and being able to use RL tactics is certainly a selling point for me. One minute you are cruising along and then you get a contact and all hell can break loose. The hunt is on, hopefully not for you! The thrill of a successfull torpedo attack and the sickening feeling of a prolonged depth charge attack are equally exciting. I find myself thinking about gyro angles and firing solutions at work.

Many thanks to all who have made this game so much better
lafeeverted is offline   Reply With Quote