View Single Post
Old 02-26-08, 07:36 PM   #1
snakeyez
Last Man Down

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG my new project

After meeting other people online who are enthusiasts of different submarine museums, it soon struck me that there was no central place on the internet for submarine museum folks. People are constantly struck by what is going on with another submarine museum, whether it is monetary needs, part needs, volunteer needs, or just basic information worth sharing.

I've decided to give it a go with making a new website and forum just for submarine museums in the USA. I just threw it together today, so it's still in infancy. This will hopefully compliment the Lockwood Internet Base's SaveOurSubmarines website effort.

Maybe some of the USSVI 2008 Fall Convention folks can use the website in lieu of the sub museum push. I'd be honored!

I want anyone and everyone who has a favorite submarine museum of choice to come look at the website and register and post on the forum. Come talk about what your sub needs! Come talk about what your sub is doing! See what other subs are doing!

Pass this around everywhere, I'd like to see this new site bear fruit for ALL submarine museums. I know it will likely be slow in the beginning, but I think it has potential.

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG Forum

Cheers!
Lance

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG - These are the submarines in your neighborhood! Get involved, they need you.
Doyle Blalock - the life of my WWII submarine veteran grandfather.
Drum228.org - devoted to the Gato-class museum sub USS Drum (SS-228) complete with war patrol reports, historical info, and restoration progress.
snakeyez is offline   Reply With Quote