Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Hello guys

With the v0.90 just downloaded, I went to museum to check the ships in the mod. I'm certainly impressed with the quality of the Japanese destroyers models (superior to the originals in my opinion).

But then I found out this Menaki? Class:

Looks like a Kagero with 7x2 127mm guns. An April Fool's Day left over?
We'll have to wait on someone else more authoritative than myself to reply, but I am guessing that it is actually a load-out difference on an Asashio base, but I do not know for certain.
Yes, it's an Asashio cloned with a different .eqp file.

My question was more in the direction that if the IJN had had such AA beast there would have been no need to waste a lot of resources in the Akizukis. Not even the AA cruisers the IJN had to quickly convert had such AA potential (Isuzu for example had 3x2 127mm).

That ship is a complete invention (an impossible one), so I'm not sure why it's there. I understand that it's not possible to have all the correct models and sometimes a ship plays the role of a similar one, but there's nothing in the history of the Imperial Navy that had seven 127mm twin AA mounts on a destroyer hull.

Can I safely remove it from the roster so such monstrosity will not appear in a campaign? I checked a few campaign files and seems like DDs are usually set as generic, but I can't be 100% sure.

Another option would be editing that .eqp file and leave Menaki as a more normal destroyer.