Old 11-01-12, 10:21 PM   #117
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Albrecht von Hesse:

What happens if you tick ON the Change Grid Mod?
Why are so many of the other Stiebler mods switched off - are you having difficulty with them too?

Have you tried what happens with the simple patched (H.sie + Stiebler) game without any other mods added before of after the patch?

Stiebler.

Stiebler,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I apologize for my delay in responding, but I wanted to assure I would be providing the most accurate information I could, and since my mental faculties weren't cooperating –::shrugs; an ongoing problem-- this took longer than I expected.

• What happens if you tick ON the Change Grid Mod?
Honestly, I don't know. As you'll see below, I never managed to figure out how to accurately edit menu_1024_768.ini file.
  • Why are so many of the other Stiebler mods switched off - are you having difficulty with them too?
Yes, and no. I'll go through each option, one by one:

1. CAM-ship Mod: Although I hadn't seen where the CAM-ship mod was something I needed to utilize, I'd done so anyway. I'm not sure where I screwed things up, but having this activated with the required edits (as documented on page 4 of Stiebler4B_patch_Docs.pdf) caused the game to CTD during loading a career. It's entirely possible –indeed, virtually assured, what with my mentation difficulties-- that I'd foobarred the editing of the necessary files. So I decided to de-select this one and restore the original files (at least until I got everything else up and running).
  2. Surrender Option: Tried this one at first, but had the previously-mentioned menu icon text/button problems, so I've deactivated it for now.
  3. Smoke-on-Horizon Mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  4. Silent-Running Fix: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  5. Shallow-water Asdic mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  6. Reduce 'Ship Sighted' mod: Activated, but no idea as of now if it's working or not.
  7. Change Patrol Grid mod: Since I did like this idea I was, originally, going to activate it. However, the instructions for creating a new button confused me. One of those were “In order to introduce the new button, it is necessary to make the following changes: a) Create a new entry [G3F I210] in your menu_1024_768.ini file, in the radio-man group, as shown below.” However, I already have a preexisting [G3F I210]: Name=&Send patrol report. So, rather than risk severely mucking things up I chose not to activate and try out this feature.
  8. Minimum TC fix: Activated, and boy howdy does it work!
  9. BdU message improvement: Deactivated; at some point (assuming I manage to get working everything else) I intend to activate this.
  10. Null Grid Fix: Deactivated; “Null Grid” never bothered me.
  11. Weather Meter: Deactivated; not something that interested me.
  12. Air Torpedo (Fido): Deactivated; currently usingRubini's air torpedo mod.
  • Have you tried what happens with the simple patched (H.sie + Stiebler) game without any other mods added before of after the patch?
That I have not. I will have to create and export another directory install and try that.

Below is the ordered list of currently activated mods.

Wac Animated Sub Pens interior start for GWX
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
New Uboat Guns 1.2
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V7
Tikigod's - Engine Order Telegraph (German)
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
torpedo trail and wake fix
Das Realistic Food
Real Depth Charge
hydrophone depth charge
SH3-Fix_SN_2_Stock
Fix_UZO_R_stock
GWX Gold restricted Bino Mod
Q Ship mod GWX3.0
KJF_Moon_v1.1
KB's Diesel Sound Mod
GWX3.0 Additional_Ammo
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
TorpedoTubesFfireFinal vGW
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03
Urfischs_ModStrike_Beta1
SH-5 Water for GWX 3.0 V0.9 Atlantic campaign (default)
Air Torpedo_mod_v2.0
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
O2-Gauges v2
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1