View Single Post
Old 07-07-12, 09:07 AM   #8
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@LGN1:
Quote:
Would it be possible to provide a SH3Sim.act that contains only the 'Ship Speed Fix' and is compatible with H.Sie's exe file
Unfortunately the SHip Speed Fix requires also a change to SH3.exe, as well as the main code in SH3Sim.act.

The code in SH3Sim.act is called by all ships, by your U-boat, and by aircraft. Aicraft can be filtered out by their high maximum speed, but the U-boat has much the same maximum speed as corvettes and frigates. There is, of course, no purpose in slowing down the ships AND the U-boat - the ships can then still catch the U-boat. The only way to distinguish a U-boat from a ship in the SH3Sim.act code is to set a flag in the code that calls SH3Sim.act from SH3.exe.

The effect on aircraft is quite interesting too. In tests, it became apparent that heavy bombers had insufficient speed in strong winds in order to complete manoeuvres - they crashed shortly after approaching the U-boat. (Hurricane aircraft had sufficient speed still to maintain altitude.) I thought for a while that perhaps I should leave this effect in the ShipSpeed Fix - Nature's way of telling bomber crews not to fly in strong winds. However, one day I found I had a map screen (F5) view filled with crashed bombers, and it seemed likely that a lot of users would complain! Therefore, the aircraft are also not now affected by strong winds, as well as the U-boat.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote