View Single Post
Old 01-10-19, 09:58 AM   #57
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
In the meantime, the Tench and Narwhal are not Stock boats, of course. The Tench is based on the Balao, which comes into the game near 1943, and has caused us issues in that regard, being given to the player too early. Another thing to keep in mind is the different conning towers that are available for the boats, and those influence which AA configurations can be used. FotRSU took away the players' choice of where to place their deck gun, because of the Stock game issue of losing the gun and / or the gun crew.

thank you for all of your detailed testing FrontRunner!
FOTRSU also took away the players choice as to what AA weaponry may be assigned and where. I understand the reasoning behind the Deck Gun, but not the AA. Maybe they are inseparable.

Sorry to hear about your vehicle problems. I've had my share this past few months.

You mentioned "computering" way back in the early 90s. That's about when I got started with "IBM PC compatible". I had a network of computers, all using different versions of DOS, and then different versions of Windows, to keep our radio station up and running.

Before that I had the VIC 20 and Commodore 64. I remember chasing bugs in "Darklands" and "Daggerfall". Both of them were great games but full of bugs.

Please read my [EDIT] to my testing post above. I'm thinking, start looking at the Campaign Generation files related to and beginning in January 1944.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=54

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote