View Single Post
Old 11-13-18, 08:46 AM   #6743
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Found a bit of a major problem. I submerged to hide from some planes, as I regularly do, but this time, when I surfaced, the watch crew didn’t appear on the tower, and CO2 started building up - despite the fact that the diesels were running!
That Co2 issue is a Stock game bug from day one.....we can't fix it. A workaround is for you to save your game before your crew dies, exit to the desktop (DO NOT use Alt-Tab. Quit the game entirely!), then restart and reload the save point.

By the way, NEVER use Alt-Tab to return to the desktop while leaving the game loaded. Some have said this Alt-Tab procedure is what causes the Co2 buildup, however it's been my past experience that it was NOT how I had it happen to me when playing the Stock game. It just happened. But, the advice of not using the Windows "shortcut" Alt-Tab is still a good one. SH4 doesn't like you leaving it running in the background while you step away.....exit the game.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote