View Single Post
Old 07-11-17, 11:00 AM   #4949
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Watch a bow-shot ship sinking by the bow, and the screws are still going as they go under. They're "driving" themselves under. I've followed several down until I couldn't see them, and the screws were still going, even after massive explosions. Then there's the sinking noise which follows them down all the way. So if they're in deep water, and you're still within render range, it may well be using system resources on the computer and creating quite the racket... I see a CapnScurvy style "Ship Sunk Deep-water Sonar Test" and a "Ship Sunk Shallow-water Sonar Test" set of missions coming up... - Don't use the AI subs though Capn - they don't make enough noise underwater...
Ha!

I know there's a specific sound for ships sinking that's supposed to be heard when the target sinks with the hydrophone. I don't think I've ever done a test on it to see how long it lasts. The trouble is if its not acting right, there may not be much we can do about it. I've never seen a parameter that tells the game when to use a particular sound, we can only mod the sound itself.

I've not gotten to the AI subs, but I'm thinking we can have them heard like any other target ship.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote