View Single Post
Old 05-10-13, 09:16 AM   #48
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
That's always the problem. People ask for advice on what to buy, you give them advice, they tell you it's too expensive.
I didn't ask advice on what to buy. I asked what the differences were between the two systems. What I got sounded to me like a sales pitch, to which I always respond badly. Sorry about that.

Quote:
But Steve, what are you looking to play? Trinity would struggle a bit with the latest games on full-HD resolutions, but if we're talking about running something like SH5 or earlier it should be a very cost-effective solution.
I'm planning on a computer that will last me the rest of my life, running Rise Of Flight and Over Flanders Fields with all the stops out.

Quote:
The CPU you listed is a normal one: that A-10 series has a GPU alongside the CPU, on the same chip. The benefit is a smaller package, which can be made cheaper. But due to size restrictions neither part is really top of the line. It's a good solution for a small form factor PC or affordable gaming laptop, though it falls short compared to more expensive, separate components.
I understand that. On the other hand I have a pair of 5770s in crossfire mode that were gifted to me, and I don't mind buying a better card down the road. I just wondered what the differences are, and I still don't know.