View Single Post
Old 03-06-19, 11:04 AM   #51
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

One more thing I ran into. Depending on the card and driver you're using, the Win10 scaling options may be causing a crash. So here's one thing you can try.

If you are here, you should already know how to get to the sh4.exe and open the properties window. Go to page one if you don't.

With the properties window open (See attached file):
1. Click on the "Change High DPI settings button. This will open another window.
2. Check the box "Use this setting to fix scaling problems . . ."
3. Click on the "Open advanced scaling settings" link. This will open the associated window.
4. Click the "Turn off the the "let windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" switch. I was told that because you are accessing this through the properties window, it will only affect the executable currently selected
5. Close the advanced scaling settings window
6. Check the "High DPI scaling override" checkbox. Make sure Application is selected in the drop down window.

Now turning off the Advanced scaling and selecting the high DPI override may be redundant, but I didn't find something telling me this was specifically so.

Many older games created before Win10 and before high res displays have issues with the Win10 scaling, even if they've been upgraded to include those display settings as an option. The issue has to do with the in game text scaling rather than the graphics scaling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMD SH4.jpg (92.4 KB, 12 views)

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote