View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 01:00 AM   #15
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

AWESOME - thanks for babying me through this - I tried just D/L'ing your program again to try the new install.bat file, but that didn't work.

then I tried the part where you said:

"What happens at a dos prompt when you type:

ppm install Win32-API"

That did the trick - it did what you said it should, and now running the test mode script calls up the window and starts recognizing the voice commands - unfortunately it's too late to stay up and play with it, but hopefully the hard part is over and it'll be fun time tomorrow night (darn RL work gonna get in the way first )

Thanks again - can't wait to take her for a spin

[edit] Couldn't resist checking out the voice command file for a bit to see how easy it is to insert your own commands - turns out it's remarkably easy. This is set up really well - kudos

I added several of my preferred ways of saying some commands, sometimes replacing some of the stock ones and sometimes adding some more, and they all worked flawlessly in the test mode - well done

Now, only one more request to bother you with before I head out to sea with this tomorrow - I tried to figure out how to change the key for "fire" from "Enter" to "Ctrl+Enter", since I don't use "Enter" to fire torps (a little lesson learned from accidental firings in SH3), but I wasn't sure about the interplay between the two key-related .csv files (may just be late and I wasn't thinking straight) and I didn't want to screw something up now that I finally got the test mode thing working. Any chance you could post an explanation on how to change the keystroke outputs for this? If not, I'll try reading it all again tomorrow night when I've gotten some sleep - it's probably in there already and I'm just missing it.

Thanks again for this - gonna be great fun, especially if/when you get the mouse/course and depth stuff working

Last edited by panthercules; 07-30-07 at 01:27 AM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote