View Single Post
Old 07-05-10, 03:57 AM   #1484
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegioSommergibile View Post
Never mind, I started a new career completely, from Kiel this time with a VIIB.

I completed my pre-war patrol and I am heading now toward my patrol zone off the southwestern coast of Ireland. I will go through the Channel (it's still 6 september 1939) sink some french ships and afterwards go patrolling in my zone. I plan to return to home base passing NORTH of UK, I still have never tried to explore those regions and I am curious to see how the traffic (err, preys) is. Only, I fear the almost sure RAF presence...

One question though: I am using SH COmmander and GWX3, I ordered it to show real ship names already since the start of my last ruined career, but on that occasion nothing showed up on Captain's Log when at home again after a patrol with sinking. Just the usual reports. Any ideas?

(yes, I have installed that "patch" to make GWX and Commander work together as reminded to me by Jimbuna when I wsa downloading)
RAF presence is virtually non existant during 39 and probably most of 1940,so you should be safe,if in doubt though and you want to play it safe you could always travel submerged by day and surface to recharge your batteries at night.Please note though even though you will be safe from RAF attacks you still may encounter the odd patrol plane now and then.
When returning home be sure to pass between the Shetland Islands and the NE tip of Scotland submerged,you should pick up MANY contacts,that area is a very busy thoroughfare
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote