View Single Post
Old 08-17-13, 02:20 PM   #44
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
Er... what? There is no release date to be pushed back and the ships are barely out of the first implementation. Most everything else is still in the design phase. Don't know what you've been reading but I think you got something backwards here.

The planned schedule, from what I recall, is the hangar this month, dogfighting end of the year, then some kind of social module halfway through 2014 followed by persistent universe end of 2014. As far as I know there never were plans to have a finished product before 2015.

They are barely a year into development. Most developers don't even show you a bloody screenshot until 2+ years in.
Er....this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Citizen

Quote:
After the Kickstarter campaign had ended, funding continued through the game's website, which reports having raised over $15 million. It reached the $15 million milestone on August 1st, 2013. This made Star Citizen the largest crowd-funded project ever. The estimated total dollar amount required to finish the development of the game is $21 million. The game will continue to collect crowd-funded donations until its expected release date in December 2014.
Emphasis mine. Followed later by this.

Quote:
Final Release (estimated Q1 2015) - Full commercial release of both Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
Again, emphasis mine.

So, it was pushed back. Maybe I'm not such an idiot after all.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote