View Single Post
Old 04-30-22, 09:22 PM   #1464
boonie
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

erm i dont know how to edit campaign file so cant answer 1&2 sorry.

did not change or add anything for this onealex except the torp failure rate.

i do have a steam version of sh3 installed + added gwx on that. there might be a chance that cirtain pointers might exist in registry that cause onealex edition to use files from the steam version i am not sure.

edit: the onealex version i am using now is 1.52

moar edit: come to think of it there seems to be alot of weird things going on in my onealex installation. i just assumed it is some 'added kinks' purposely to spice things up further, but now i am wondering if my installation is bugged or not..

-in my onealex installation the dd in the game has sonar right off the bat at sept'39. on my 2nd mission i got called to danzig port to help with the dd sweep of the 3 ports there, there is a type A&B dd there defending and it has sonar (it sound is a very dull, different from the sharp sounding type of ping). narrowly escaped its first plaster of depth charge, i thought i was done for, was in shallow water at just outside the northern port. but that dd slammed itself onto one of those protruding long dike of the port and dont know how to reverse out of it so i killed it with my tail tube...

-when manually using the hydrophone i cant manually designate sound contact despite it already being very very loud. and the sonar man just simply wont designate it no matter how long i waited. (they dont usually do this, happens only occasionally)

-the brits have hunter killer group of 3x tribal equiped with very high quality sonar at Jan'40. i dont remember them being this dangerous at this early stage. they instantly detected my at like 4km away while i was only doing 5kt submerged and sunk me.

Last edited by boonie; 05-01-22 at 04:35 AM.
boonie is offline   Reply With Quote