View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 08:45 PM   #58
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default small technical problem & 2 question

GSmith,
I've noticed a small technical problem. It does not appear in the un-modded stock game or in stock game modded with a 2004 Campaign.

It may seem minor but the problem is the three little ships under the sonar water fall on the Signature Panel. The Sub always works when clicked on but the Warship and the Merchant ship do not work. I've recently compared your v2a, v3 and v3a where thay don't work with the stock game and a 2004 Campaign where all three little ships always work. For simplicity, I've compared all five game variations in the first single mission. I assume I'd have the same results if I compared them in Campaign mode? I even re-installed v3a but the warship & the merchant ship still did not work; clicking on the sub did.

Second question, I noticed that weapons seem to load faster in your mod than the stock game and the 2004 Campaign. Again, I compared this in a single mission not Campaign.
I noticed a difference of values in a Config file under the game's Default directory with the Config file in v2a, v3, & v3a Override's directory as follows:
PlayerWeaponReloadTime=0.8,1,1.5,2 (in default) vs. PlayerWeaponReloadTime=0.1,0.3,1,1 (in mod's override).
Just curious if we felt a need to adjust the loading times in 1990 mod?

Third question on a similar note, looking at Options, Video, HUD Size we find the choice: 1 - 1.35 - 1.65
As opposed to HUD, Panels, Etc. going larger as these figures do, I'd love to see a slight reduction (not much, just a little) in HUD size to about 0.7 to about 0.8

I've looked but can not find a way to make this player modification. Just hoping with your experience, you might know of a way to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by von Zelda; 07-10-20 at 04:23 AM.