gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDos View Post
Hi Gap!
Got it, thanks!
At moment i'm working on some projects, btw this material is interesting for me (i love Cap Arcona's design, despite her sad end).
Maybe in future...

Best regards,
Vondos
No problem mate, seeing your interest for ocean liners and big to medium-size passenger ships, I thought I would share this information with you, but what you do with this information - and your project priorities - is none of my business

The list of ships that could be added or improved in SHIII is obviously very large. I pointed Cap Arcona and the Monte-class cruise ships to you not because I feel that they are more important than other vessels that at this moment you might be working on, but because I thought they were on topic with the Wilhelm Gustloff that you have recently released, and because they have already been modelled and released publicly. The models published on 3DWarehouse might not be 100% accurate, and indeed can't be imported directly in game, but together with the original drawings they might be a a good template for you or any other SH modder to figure out shapes and proportions of the real thing and to create his own SH model.

Talking about ship designs, I think Cap Arcona's layout is in line with many interwar ocean liners, slender and graceful if you compare them to some modern-day "monsters" that imho can be enumerated as some of the ugliest human artifacts ever made lol

Though appreciably smaller, the Monte cruisers don't look too dissimilar from Cap Arcona in their hull design, and if I was to choose between adding them or the Cap Arcona to the game, I would probably give them the priority simply because they were a class.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote