View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 05:21 AM   #42
Seaowl
Sailor man

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

@gap
Sorry for the belated reply, but I had quite a busy week.
Nonetheless I made some progress.

Quote:
At long range, is the lens itself visible?
It seems that this problem is solved.

Jeff-Groves solution posted here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...0&postcount=79
worked in this case too
Thanks to Jeff once again.
Short description of what I did: In Blender I made a plane-mesh with the side length of 50.000 m and about 1132 below 0 (not exactly 1000 to avoid conflicts).
This mesh I called collision_fresnel and imported it into the Fresnel GR2 file (luckily there was a free „mesh-slot“).
From now on lighthouses are visible from about 17-18km without preciding activation using the free camera.
It works great.

For the light shining trought walls, I found a solution too:
In the settings of the particle controller, you have to set the „depth buffer test“ to „true“ or (in goblin editor) to „yes“.

Quote:
If you want, I think I have better 3D models and better textures of real lenses. You might give them a try
As far as I know there were six sizes or six orders (and several sub orders) of fresnel
lenses.
Or at least I saw a table relating to US lighthouse lenses.
On the other hand I do not know, if the same is valid for lenses in France, Great Britain, Ireland, Sweden, Germany...
will do some research, how they grouped their lenses...
But to get to the point: It would be great to have several Fresnel lense models combined in one Fresnel file inside the library.
If you could send me a file with different models and textures, I would try to do so.

However first of all I have to take a little break from lighthouses,
mainly because I´m eager to import some vessel into GR2 files.
I think DivingDucks fishing boat would be a good beginning?

Moreover I have discovered the moles of Malta.
(how much stuff is buried into these files, I had never seen in game...)
I suppose it is not difficult to make separate land units out of them.
At Memel they could be useful to do the „white lighthouse“ at harbor entrance for example.

And I had a look at Kendras site: among other cool things, he creates really great lighting stuff.

Quote:
The screenshot on top of your last post looks much better, thoughfor my personal taste I would further subdue its normal map.
As a beginner I tend to overdo all these things just to see the difference.

Meanwhile I have turned down the normal map.
In fact it looks much better now.

To tell the truth: All the lighthouse files - and especially the textures - will still need some fine or even rough tuning.
I will keep you informed.
Seaowl is offline   Reply With Quote