View Single Post
Old 02-04-19, 10:34 AM   #34
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Pretty sure he started hateing me again about that time.
Quote:
(Try to ignore the bad stuff. )
LOL

Quote:
I seem to be fairly good at working around issues.

I also know the secret (really not that secret) as to how the GR2 stores models and how TDW's program can be tricked.
May be time to start a new thread about things like this.
Yes, that's a good idea. Maybe after we start facing all the possible problems and we have have them figured out. I am actually surprised that no one except me and you has ever pointed them out, and I start wondering if they are not coming from Wing3D's obj exporter more than from a weakness of the GR2E obj-importing code

What we should actually do, is encouraging people to use TDW's program (its most basic and important features are not so difficult to use after all) and to report any problem connected to its usage. In this sense, starting a new thread as a collector of reports and technical questions with their answers, would be a excellent service for the community and a good guide for you to know where to address your inspections and what needs to be fixed more urgently.

Quote:
Start reading from page 137 or so in the TDW extractor thread.
I explain a lot there.
I'm sure there's another thread somewhere that gives even better information.
Maybe around page 105 of same thread.
I did, but I think you meant post #137. Anyway, as you said, I'll have to refresh my memory by re-reading that thread from the beginning...
gap is offline   Reply With Quote