View Single Post
Old 12-17-20, 02:24 AM   #4
mattlach
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Thank you for these suggestions.

I found this particular walkthrough very helpful:

I just tried it in a training mission. (the first manual fire training mission in FOTRS)

I thought I did everything right, but for some odd reason my torpedoes all veered off hars left, behind the target instead of leading the target. I am certain I got angle on bow right.

I'm wondering if some of my config changes messed with the direction of the tracking in the targeting computer. (I always play with inverted mouse, so I change d a ton of ups to downs, and vice versa in the config.cfg file, maybe one of them impacted targeting?)

Also, in th evideo he says to use Shift I to identify the target, but this does not work for me in game. I understand the mod moved around some of these things. Does anyone know what the key is for this in the FOTRS mod?

Otherwise I have no idea what happened. Getting too late. Will have to pick it back up tomorrow after the snow cleanup if I have it in me.

Once I have this figured out, I cant help but think that this method is great when you have plenty of time to set up a shot on a lone target. Not so much for on the fly adjustments, or sudden engagements. I wonder what you do then...

Last edited by mattlach; 12-17-20 at 02:53 AM.
mattlach is offline   Reply With Quote