View Single Post
Old 04-27-20, 07:22 PM   #30
partycat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
That happens when AI had identified your decoy as a decoy and/or have a steady 10+ contact with your sub. Obviously it will not chase anything else when he sees your sub.
Decoys helps only when AI is not sure where your sub is.

To counter wire guided torpedo you better make it not wire guided.
In case of US subs it is quite simple: You send mk48 in direction of an enemy, acitvate it right after it finishes its turn - this will give you speed (and range, since game code doesn't know that range should decreace when speed is increaced).
After that stop snake searching manually and switch torpedo to active sonar, so it start shouting "I'm looking for you") Usually enemy start evasive maneuvers at full speed and looses a wire.
- Wlii not help if enemy sub can't reach wire break speed (diesel subs for example).
Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the explanation and letting me know what is the exact thing making hostile torpedoes behave like this.

If I may ask though, is it possible to remove that or make it for both sides instead of only AI? I checked the dll with dnspy a bit but I'm totally new to dll moddings. Tried to remove the code that changes depth sets from 50 feet to 10 feet but it gave me warning when I saved the module and well, game crashed at startup (and I was thinking Skyrim modding was difficult )

I tried your advise, it kinda works but when I do that, I instantly give away my position. They all go active instantly and return fires to my torpedo's bearing. If nothing works, I guess I can just remove the wire guidance from their torpedoes, but I want to leave it as a last result since it would also make things too much easier.

I still can't understand though the logic of this type of behaviour. Because eventhough the decoy has been identified, it's too loudy noise still blinds the torpedo. and the feature should be in my sub and torpedoes too if it's in the hostiles. or even as optional, like Sonar WAA.

By the by, what did you mean by having a 10+ steady contact? I didn't understand that part.
partycat is offline   Reply With Quote