View Single Post
Old 11-11-18, 05:01 PM   #6731
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Hmmmmm. Any possibility of the plane being shot at from a friendly surface ship?? Or, are there "other" planes in the air that could have collided with the plane you witnessed??

However, having a plane just fall into the sea for no reason is surprising.

Also, don't forget about the Kamikaze Zero that shows up first of 1945. It will purposefully strike a surfaced target (and miss from time to time) when one is detected:
It was a single plane. There were no surface ships. I don't think it was a kamikaze as it had dropped the bomb on me and missed and then came around for another run. I heard a boom and saw burning on the surface of the sea. I brought the sub up to radar depth and got zero hits, then surfaced and there were no other targets nearby. I have a save game.

I've seen this a couple of other times, but this one I took special care to document it. I have screenshots of the crashed plane. I wasn't quick enough to capture a screenshot of the initial attack. I'll play the game through again to see if it recurs.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote