View Single Post
Old 07-31-20, 10:44 AM   #14
Navelintel
Mate

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
OK, my experience with installing SH IV on Windows 10!

1) Download SH IV from Steam;
2) It will be installed for you;
3) C: \> ProgramFiles86> Steam> Steamapps> Common> SH4> data> cfg> maincfg: [Video] = 1920, 1080, 60, 20: save;
4) C: \> ProgramFiles86> Steam> Steamapps> Common> SH4> data> ul: UgradeLauncher.exe (To install patch 1.4);
5) C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific: right click on sh4.exe> ​​properties: Windows xp pack3; optimization etc for screen: tick; program by admin: tick.

You should work very carefull and slowly. It should work now.
At a startup screen I see now that the program at the bottom right shows that it is still version 1.3! Why, I don't understand!
Maybe someone can say something about it?

If someone here is reading this: Can anyone tell me if I can install the extension uboat mission (and thus patch 1.5) now? (So ​​even though v1.3 is indicated in the bottom right!)

Please tell me how it goes...

easy

P.S. Some authors advise NOT to install SH IV in Program Files (86). I still have to study on that ....
Welkom aan boord, Kapitein!

I had similar tribulations with reinstalls for SH4 in my past sea duty. If you're around long enough to ‘burn’ through a few computers and their OS in your gaming career, you'll come to learn of the idiosyncrasies of how this game interacts with other game launching platforms (i.e., UPLAY) not to mention its reaction to the various updates of Windows generated by MS.

Fortunately, with all the help offered from the congenial skippers in this forum, I have been able to sort out many of these issues. If I’m really stumped, my choice of last resort is the remote IT assistance offered through my ISP.

Recently, my game stopped launching and it never occurred to me to check and see if the compatibility settings were in synch with the launch platform (UPLAY) and the game on my computer. I also had a recent Windows 10 update which raised my suspicions. After a little detective work and the suggestions from propbeanie, I got my boat back in the water.

I also have SH3, which is not on UPLAY but was loaded via the original game disc that was also affected by the recent Windows 10 update but I’m not entirely sure why. I recall that I may have had both games in the same general subfolder in my game drive (I) which could have corrupted them in fell swoop, however, other games on my computer remained unaffected.

The beauty of digital downloads besides being extremely fast (depending on the game and site) is that if you ever need to uninstall and reinstall your games, you never have to worry about having the original discs but it helps immensely if you put your game activation keys or order numbers in a SAFE place so you can prove you had a legitimate copy of the game. It happened to me after a computer upgrade when I could no longer download SH4-Wolves of the Pacific-Uboat add-on after the installation of the stock game using my original game discs. When I was ready to install the Uboat add-on, I discovered the download was no longer available from the site that previously supported it. I contacted Ubisoft, gave them my game activation key for the Uboat add-on, then they sent me the SH4- Gold Edition download (which included the UBoat add-on), and I was back in business.

Geniet van je spel en blijf veilig.

Navelintel
Navelintel is offline   Reply With Quote