View Single Post
Old 07-29-17, 01:30 PM   #423
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Changing of topic... when you finish drawing that island in a proper way, what do you think about tweaking a bit the light flash effect, so that it resambles more the light of a carbide lamp?

Here's a video:

Imo, the outer border of the light should be red-violet towards its outer border, not blue as it is now. What do you think?

EDIT: found a decent picture

The flame looks bluer near the center of combustion, and it becomes red-violet as it moves away from the center. After all, the current effect color might be compatible with the blue seen in the picture above
What do you think about that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Unfortunately, after some tests, I must say that I was wrong: the problem is caused by the missing RaYTracedHalo controller.
I am sure I have seen other lighthouse flare effects in SH5m SHIV and SHIII, which don't use that controller. Could we modify those particle effects for use with our lighthouse? Can you please look into the issue while I give the last touch ups to our model? The light reflections on water are too a cool feature for simply give it up and you are the king of SHIII special effects, I know you will invent something
Yes, I think there is a way to avoid this problem. In S3D, you can see that the halo tga has a black background which is read into transparency (I don't know how). What if we change this black background with tranparent background ?