View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 05:43 AM   #1
Wrongway Malcolm
Swabbie

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0
Default The green circle in FOTRS Ultimate

I'm relatively new to the forum, and have "lurked" until this post. I understand lurking is usually frowned upon in active forums, but submarines are supposed to lurk, right? With this question, I surface in daylight...

(I ran a search to find an answer for my question, but didn't spot anything. I hope that's not my being new to the forum.)

OEM SH4 - and the first FOTRS, to my recollection - had a problem in specifying the area you needed to stay in during an assigned patrol. Old advise was to use the compass and draw a circle of 47 or 48nm, and stay inside that for the assigned time, because if you went outside a 50nm circle the patrol clock would reset. If you didn't stay inside the 50nm radius you might never finish your patrol. But 50nm is a small circle.

I've done a few patrols with FOTRS Ultimate, and have noticed when assigned a patrol, there is now a big green circle (about 100nm, I thnk?) around the star that designates the center of the patrol area.

My question is, what does the green circle represent? Is that the boundary of the patrol area in FOTRS Ultimate (in other words, does FOTRS Ultimate expand the patrol area from a radius of 50nm to 100nm), or is it just a big green graphic circle?

I ask because there are usually juicy ports and shipping lanes that are within the green circle but outside the 47nm circle I'm still drawing with the compass. I'd love to spend time in the shipping lanes in those 5 days, but orders are orders...
Wrongway Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote