View Single Post
Old 01-07-24, 01:39 AM   #15
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Winning IS Everything! Even in Tunisia!

I just beat mission 23 of the campaign and got a “Campaign Complete” screen that read “ Winning IS Everything! Even in Tunisia!”.

Awesome!

Then, the enter campaign setup screen came up with my completed campaign missing!

The program deleted my campaign record once I completed it! There is no record of my campaign remaining on my PC! LOL!

I can understand why Spearhead didn’t take off. That campaign got hard pretty quick. Some of those missions were incredibly frustrating. Now to finish it, only to have the whole thing automatically deleted! I just have to laugh.

I beat that sucker! I’m actually considering uninstalling it, doing a fresh reinstall, to make sure the game didn’t get corrupted and beating it again. This time I might manually save the campaign record file, ( *.cam) in the campaign folder right before mission 23. In the interview below, the producer talked about 40 missions….that didn’t happen. Some games and movies just don’t sell and that’s the end of them. Spearhead is one of them. It’s kind of sad. It seems everybody abruptly ended work on it and went to something else.

http://combatsim.com/memb123/archive.../spear_int.htm

Playing M1TP2 and Spearhead remind me of Dec ‘90 and Jan ‘91 when my M3 Bradley CFV crew and I were at the range and in the simulator, taking this stuff VERY seriously. I recall my gunner advising me over the intercom to keep the reticle just under the horizon so it doesn’t get in the way of a potential target.

Playing a tank sim brought that buried memory back…..wow. Keep on tanking!!!

Last edited by RetroGamer; 01-09-24 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Archive info added
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote