View Single Post
Old 12-30-23, 07:34 AM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

ArmA is a great concept featuring a terribly lousy AI. Back then (the original ArmA and then ArmA 2) I played it a lot in SP, but had to micromanage every single soldier. I set up the biggest island with randomized enemy patrols and garrisons, scattered ammo and equipment crates, also randomized and then roamed freely as lone wolf or squad leader and survived as long as I could. It was great fun, but the lousy AI finally killed my interest in it. The vehicles I always avoided, the game is for infantry what Steel Beasts is for tanks. But Steel Beasts kind of sucks for infantry, and so does ArmA for vehicles, all sorts of.

For Multiplayer it probaly is a sandbox paradise. They should have sold it from all beginning on as MP exclusive maybe. There are plenty of videos from real world groups of players with real military experience who coop-play ArmA against AI. To watch these guys using real world drills, comms routines and procedures in the game, is quite impressive.

I recently bought 6 Days of Fallujah in the Steam christmas sale. The roadmap says SP gets AI fireteam bots in Q1 24, thats what I wait for, right now the game is probably the most lethal game experience in SP I have ever experienced in the past 30 years LOL. Fantastic - I say again: FAN-TAS-TIC - sound suite, first time hearing the LAV (or was it a Striker) in my rear letting go with his autocannon made me jump up so hard that I almost got stuck with my head in my room's ceiling. The gameplay is not only lethal, but makes it almost a scarejump game. Really nasty stuff. Brutal, unforgiving, and tough.