View Single Post
Old 12-07-23, 11:07 PM   #7
RetroGamer
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Un-Winnable Missions?

This particular topic is DEAD but what the heck. Maybe somebody will read this 30 years from now.

I’ve been playing the Spearhead campaign for a while and discovered one, possibly two un-winnable missions.

Single Mission:
Lesson6_MAP_SKILLS

No matter how many times I play this, there’s no “Mission Accomplished” ending. Even after destroying everything and leading my platoon to both assigned checkpoints.

Campaign Mission:
Campaign08: Carthage 1High Speed Road March

Hah! There must be a bug in this one. I’m a pretty good gamer and I’ve played this one about 100 times now…. It abruptly ends with “Mission Failed” no matter what I do. I’m going to keep at this one and see if I can determine what’s triggering the bug. I sometimes shoot one of the buildings in order to clear the line of fire to an enemy tank hiding there and sometimes that triggers the “Mission Failed” message.

If I’m having this much trouble, the casual gamer probably turned his Spearhead CD into a coaster pretty quick back in the late ‘90s. I can see why the game failed because that’s unreasonably frustrating. I’d like to continue the campaign. There’s no way.

If anybody's completed the Spearhead campaign, let’s hear how you did it! Even if it’s 20 years from now!

I’m also running the game on a period correct legacy Windows 98 PC.

Armored Fist 3 also has an un-winnable training mission. It’s the last training mission. No matter what anybody does, it can’t be completed. What’s up with programmers doing this?

Maybe they quit midway through the project and just shipped the game out incomplete….it’s beginning to look like that’s what happened.

If I can’t beat the campaign soon, I guess I’m done with it.

It’s still a really cool 3dfx tank sim….a little frustrating right now, however.
RetroGamer is offline   Reply With Quote