View Single Post
Old 08-02-21, 08:10 AM   #3725
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Glad you like it ijustwantrisingsun! That is what we are after, is that "not alone in the world" feeling, except of course, at the beginning until mid '42 anyway... because, technically, the subs were the only ones out there at first... Now, if there was only a way for the game to "reward" you for rescuing the flyboys you pickup in those situations. I'll have to "test" them further, because you might get the 150 renown points for each "survivor" picked-up... "Lifeguard" missions are a different story, and their Objective renown do count for your "score". It is still fun, even if they don't count for anything, and helps contribute to that feeling of participation. I do the same whenever possible, even if I have to wait around for nightfall.
i was about to ask that very question.
normally, i do not execute lifeguard missions however i am testing GFO for webster and playing things according to hoyle.
so, if a lifeguard mission is assigned and we pick up five survivors, the "objective" is met and changes from orange to gray. if we stick around and pickup another "x" number of survivors, is there point credit given? by points i mean points towards a successful mission rating (-3 to +3). renown comes later.

the follow-up question is the one you posed above: if survivors are rescued outside of a lifeguard mission, are points given towards a successful mission?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote