View Single Post
Old 04-02-19, 08:55 AM   #11
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
From my experience, one 3D model (gr2 or dat) = one paint , if rendered in the same scene (area). I cloned a number of dat units using S3D editor in order to bypass this problem.

Solution with roster cfg files can work pretty well in case of units which will probably wont ever be rendered in the same area, for example some British and German generic freighter, used by both nations...
Yes, we already agreed on that, but my question was relative to a different (though related) topic. Please re-read my remarks on it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
...despite the fact that we can have any number of textures set in the cfg file, only the first three texture definitions are actually seen in game as early, middle and late war camouflages, set in GroupTypesDefs.cfg as 0, 1 and 2 respectively.

This is a bit disappointing because roster texture definitions have start/end dates and frequency settings, suggesting a random texture assignment based on in-game dates. Those settings can as well be the clue of an unfinished feature (as it is common in SH games), but before discarding them, has anyone tried setting the camouflage parameter to -1 and seeing if such a setting forces the game to use more that three textures and to apply date and frequency parameters?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote