View Single Post
Old 07-05-10, 01:24 PM   #1
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Default Ship Names Question

Way back in '06 when I first started planning the Ship Names mod for SH3 Commander, I also started organizing and cataloging Japanese names for SH4. Since JSCones has hinted that he might make it possible to do the same for SH4 I've decided to start making some plans. So I have some questions.

1. Does SH4 already give names? Dan told me it did when we talked in Houston two years ago. I've looked at the Roster files and I'm wondering if I have to wait for Jaesen to come up with something. I see that the warships mostly have names in the files, and I would like to know if anybody who has sunk some noticed whether they recieved names or not.

2. It is my understanding that it is a lot easier on the loading times to add ships in SH4. Is this true? I see various countries in the Rosters of SH4. Does adding new ships happen the same way it does in SH3, i.e. you must clone a model for each nation you want to add a ship to, or will putting the names in, say, Estonia's roster make it so only an Estonian ship will recieve that name?

If I've been unclear about anything please tell me, as I really want to get moving on this if it's at all possible.