View Single Post
Old 01-16-11, 05:35 PM   #2023
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Ingo the new product made by ZeeWolf is definitely a great improvement over the flawed original.Check it out Zee has posted free missions on his website which you can download and install,He has remade many of the original missions, improving them greatly and has made new ones based on the battle of Kursk.Try the freebies and see for yourself.

One question was the original game balanced by the developers|?| Because the Tiger really felt understated in terms of killing power???

As far as I remember.. the game was more balanced to even out the odds of the duel between tiger and T34, the stopping power of the tiger was minimialized in favor of this balance. Remember..originally the devs did not have a western publisher and an injection of lots of cash..so the game was going to be released primarily in Russia and former Ukraine...hence..I dont know if many in this audience would like to see their T34's decimated by the tigers at two miles distance. Right before I left Russia...I believe late Oct/Nov..the game was realeased in Russia..and I bought two original copies...and the price was around 200 to 250 rubles.I'll double check...but that is just around 10 dollars..so as you see..the games dont sell for much their..and this was an original issue....when the pirated copies come out..they go to half...so..the devs/investors have not much incentie to spend a lot when the game sells for nothing really in country...the western market is where the money is.
I also found the original commands to be rather confusing and clunky.just not very intuitive to me..and the lack of any realy battle sound..music..although maybe accurate..seemed to leave the game quite flat.
On a good note, I am thrilled that Zeewolf has taken up this project..I really really was so excited when Tiger was released...and then..disappointed at the same time..because I saw a good idea left really unfinished..so Im estatic someone has pulled this together...as sub and tank sims are my favs..and no one is doing much with WW2 german tank sims.
Question..is this going to be released as a one piece stand alone mod..for download or purchase...or parts to be relesaed individual like in PE before the Ostpak edition was released? I love PE..still play it..and the mods there really saved that game..and made it a classic..I would love to see this go this route..and think its in safe hands!

Thanks Zeewolf!
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote