View Single Post
Old 07-03-20, 06:46 AM   #39
maslas
MNW Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I like the concept, I would really like an graphically updated...

...Keep up the good work.
Neal
Thanks Neal,[*]Realistic TMA and Sonar stations, sonar analysis that is user friendly

We have spent a great amount of our time on the research of all the Virginia stations. Will do our best.

*No cheat mode with magical underwater windows

Cheat mode? No no no we are making a simulator here.

*challenging, realistic enemies
The two most challenging and time consuming development parts of this project. AI and a realistic sound propagation model.
The idea is that the difficulty will be dependent on AI capabilities and actual mission design and not on magic sonars, invincible hulls and supersonic torpedoes.

*current world situation missions: Drug interdiction, Chinese, zee Russians, North Korea, convoy protection/attack, under ice cap missions where you have to find a suitable place to break through...
As an initial war theater we are bending towards the South China Sea. For every new theater that we will introduce new mission features will also be introduced too.

*Financial: If you need funding, I would do it in stages: Release a demo for early supporters at $10; follow with an alpha at $10 additional, beta at another $10, then finished version at full price. Add in some full value DLC and you should be set.

Will keep your proposition in mind although we are targeting for a direct and complete release. DLCs will of course come later and bundles too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
1. Planned playable platforms (Virginia Class, Astute Class Type 214 or 212) suggest modern setting. Is it also implement modern ASW methods like multistatic sonar systems?...

Part of our research is modern naval ASW tactics in order to achieve a realistic AI responsiveness. Multistatic sonar systems should be included (e.g. Pairs of frigates with extended LFTAS on the hunt).

Quote:
2. Will you implement different acoustic envronment for blue and shallow waters? What about regions with deep + shallow waters (shelf)?...

We are aiming to give selective territories with as accurate as possible underwater details (elevation, salinity, temperature etc.). As I stated before, the sound propagation model on this project is one of the most challenging tasks.

Quote:
3. Will you emulate different acoustic propagation near different kind of shorelines (fjords, flat sand beaches etc.) ?

One of the challenging tasks. Will do our best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Honestly said, my perception of all this gives a weired impression. Some of the answers you give, maslas, imo are evasive, and pointing at something vague. Lets put it this way: I seem to have picked up something on my sonar, but I cannot tell whether it is a whale, a boat, a ship, ours or theirs - or just a phantom echo of nothing from nowhere. Its just too little info in too weak a signal...
It might be the teaser trailer that mixed your sensors and gave you that vague illusion. You see, it contains whales, a boat, a ship and the music theme gives this phantom echo of nothing from nowhere exactly as you describe!

But I can assure you that it is a submarine simulator that we are talking about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
...I do not want to discourage you, in case you mean serious business, but I would recommend to not step forward before you have something more substantial to...

...Lets meet again in 9-12 months or so, and then we see.

Nichts für ungut.
You don't and all the thoughts are accepted. That is all about this thread for. We are asking your opinions about the feasibility of a project like this! 90% of the answers are on target no matter if they are discouraging or not.

Ουδένα πρόβλημα.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
I like what I see as an introduction. If you do get this to market with the goals you have set, you can absolutely count me as a customer. I will buy this product for sure...
Thanks a lot

Quote:
- What timetable do you envision for the development of this project? Estimated of course...
There is a time table already set on the table which is within realistic limits for a simulator of that magnitude but I will not say anything because it is too soon and it is a publishers call too on this matter. I am sorry!

Quote:
- Are you considering distributing on Steam as a means to grow your customer base?
That is also the publishers call but I am pretty sure we are!

Last edited by maslas; 07-03-20 at 07:10 AM.
maslas is offline   Reply With Quote