View Single Post
Old 11-23-21, 02:56 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Sunday December 7 1941 in TMO (screenshots)

Have been working on the pre war campaign for TMO. Career will start in June 1941. As most are aware tensions between US and Japan were mounting through the summer in spite of ongoing peace talks. Many radio messages have been added June- November 1941, with some new ones added for the opening of the war, to demonstrate this. Some Japanese units player may encounter will be hostile and attack, some may not. Basically, this allows player time to get the crew some experience and get the immersive feel of going from peace time to war time.

I have worked to include a representation (within bound of sim) of the Pearl Harbor attack. Both waves are present, roughly 110 aircraft in two waves attack . The sinking of a Midget sub by USS Ward is present. I observed Ward firing on the with guns and dropping depth charges when close. I closed in and finished the midget sub off with two direct hits from 3 inch deck gun, sinking it. I am working on getting the midget sub to fire torpedoes as well, work in progress.

Still making some final tweaks to the attack and writing the pre war orders, but figured would share some screenshots of last attack as it was pretty devastating and somewhat in line with history. The Arizona even went up in a massive fireball.

I removed the wrecks from the .loc file and now wrecks will show up after Dec 7 as should. The Nevada will get underway during the attack and ground herself on hospital point(player has to not be in harbor or she won't spawn, but can use free cam to watch. Interesting and immersive, yet actually a bit somber when sailing back into the harbor on Dec 8 from patrol, seeing the wrecks and the Nevada aground. If not in harbor for attack to return. I do wish.

Anyways, here are some screen shots. Not best quality as I took those while testing on lower graphics settings. When tested at higher settings normally play on patrol, performance was fine. No lag no CTD, which was always a problem modders ran into when trying to add the PH attack even on high end rigs. Basically, I timed the groups within the waves to arrive a few minutes apart, seems to not overwhelm sim and work well. Of course, will depend on individual machine.

Thedarkwraiths fire mod, which allows fire to damage ships worked great in this scenario.

USS Arizona exploding after bomb hits.

USS Arizona exploding after bomb hits. Sunk soon after.

USS Arizona and Vestal burning

USS Pennsylvania (in spot where drydock was located and the BB Pen was on Dec 7)

USS California hit, explosion.

USS Helena hit

View of battleship row burning from the submarine base.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote