View Single Post
Old 05-08-19, 06:14 PM   #318
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

25 April 1915

Bailleul Town
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0501: Artillery Spot with Lt Griffiths in the lead. Trenches east of Paaschendale. Gloomy overcast weather. 1 hour 26 minutes.
1157: Leading my own Artillery Spot over the trenches east of Niewpoort, with Fred Aldaine supporting. Weather somewhat better, but still a lot of clouds. Aldaine suffered an engine failure on the way home and came down in a field outside Ypres. 1 hour 43 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "0502: Foggy weather. Scouting mission over Combles, south of Bapaume. Lt Stewart leading, Lt Harvey-Kelly and myself supporting. Was almost home when my engine failed. Managed to land at Hesdignule. 1 hour 38 minutes.
1341: Much nicer. Clear skies. Artillery Spot over trenches west of Lille. Lt Murray leading, myself in support. 1 hour 27 minutes."

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0503: Photo mission over the trenches near Miraumont, with Vfw Leffers supporting. 1 hour 44 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "More rain today."

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "Raining again. We had a party for Ltn Boelcke, and tomorrow he leaves us. It was a fine party, but tinged with sadness. He will be greatly missed here at No 13".

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "We have rain again. It seems like we only fly every other day."